Wednesday 8 September 2010

Magnus Carlsen Vs The World

Chess.com are hosting a match between Magnus Carlsen and three grandmasters plus the general chess playing public. We get to vote on which grandmasters suggested move is the best one. I will be joining in since I never got to play against Kasparov in his game against the world. I know there are some people in forums who believe this match is too soon but I don't see why. It is pretty much a friendly. Some may have wanted to play Anand but I don't mind. Yes Anand is world champion and some could claim that the player with the highest rating isn't necessarily the best player but I don't know personally. How many people can claim they could correctly predict the result between Anand and Carlsen when they finally play each other for chess's highest title. I'm not going to predict who will be world champion when it happens it may be too close to call. I'll just enjoy watching the games when they happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment